1990-93 GT4-A Question

merc359

Hello,

My friend recently was given a 1992 (?) Celica GT4-A, 4wd, right hand drive, japanese import car. This car goes pretty darned well and corners excellent too! I have searched high and low for the following info, but any Toyota lovers might have some insight. What I am looking for is as follows:

1. Any idea what the production numbers for these cars were in 1990, 91, 92, 93? I cannot seem to find this data anywhere. If you know where I can start looking, please let me know.

2. Any idea of resale value? I have seen them go as cheap (in the U.K.) as 1,500 british pounds, and as expensive as $12,000 US in the southern US for cars in what I would descibe as "ok" condition. Any insight? Are they rare? Common?

3. I see that the GT4-A has the 3S-GTE engine. Isn't that the same engine as the 1992(ish) MR2 with a turbo 2.0 engine? Are they the same? What accounts for the difference in BHP? Tuning?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please email me directly at rowanmsmith@gmail.com if you wish.

Regards,

Rowan

Merc359