New 2007 Avalon Owner

dgallucci

:) Have had my new 2007 Avalon XLS for a big 25 hours now. Love it!!

On December 19th, I was in a multi-car accident accident on the Merrit Parkway in Connecticut. My 13 month old Honda Civic was totalled. Thank God I was able to walk away with only bumps and bruises. Crumple zones, airbags, seatbealts all worked as designed. My sternum is still so sore that it is very painful to cough. (X-Rays were ok) I also decided I wanted a bigger car.

So, I began comparing many cars. On my short list was the Audi A4 Quattro, BMW 328xi, Acura TL, Avalon, Lexus ES350. I spent a LOT of time on IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety), Consumer Reports, Edmunds, and Car & Driver web sites. Short version - all things considered, I thought the Avalon was the way to go. So I drove one. 12 hours later - I owned one. I was that impressed.

It is so smooth, very powerful, ( the best 0-60 among all of them, except for the Acura - which tied at 6.7 seconds ). Great stereo, environmental controls, and good fit and finish. Most of all - a solid safe car. (See IIHS - http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=238 ) The one thing I wish it had was an iPod interface. I can add an aftermarket one but I just wish it was standard.

Another practical feature, at least for me --> I live in a woodsy area with a lot of winding roads, so we use highbeams all the time. If someone is behind me with their highbeams on, the rear view mirror and the driver's side mirror automatically darken to reduce glare. Very cool.

I enjoy driving this car, and being so new, I shudder to think of what the coming cold - muddy - salty - dirty - slushy - Connecticut winter is going to do to my brand new Titanium Metallic XLS Avalon. It might get a spot on it! Arrrrgh! :)

Cheers,

Dave G.

Congratulations on your gorgeous new car...the new Avalons are a fantastic vehicle, and a great buy for the money. Drive safely, and enjoy!

We'd love to hear more from you as time goes on. Let us know as you discover new things on your Avalon!