Tune Up Q

NillaGorilla

Did you buy it from a dealer or a private owner? Either may have some records, so you should check with them. Also, if you open the hood, technicians usually put a sticker with date and mileage for timing belts, sometimes for other major services.

Did you buy it from a dealer or a private owner? Either may have some records, so you should check with them. Also, if you open the hood, technicians usually put a sticker with date and mileage for timing belts, sometimes for other major services.

Private Dealer who bought it at an auction... it was in a accident so pretty much whole front end is new.. including the hood.

you should change all fluids just to be sure and dont go to cheap use a bit of money to make sure you get the good stuff for your car. as for the ignition parts inspect them inspect the cap and rotor if they look damamged just change them but if there in pretty good condition then they werwe probably changed recently. Same goes for the wires take a plug out and see if there new or have carbon deposits or are burned.

• 10 months later...

Don't forget the tranny filter and clean the magnets in the pan. I've recently done this and it's easy to go ahead and change it and the filter comes with new pan seals. I used a half bottle of Lucas tranny fix and filled the rest up (while hot). My car has 168K miles and it looks like the fluid was never changed but the tranny shifts perfectly and even better now I changed the blood.

I would suggest timing belt and oil and oil filter as one of the first thing just because their on the engine then check brake pads/ rotors brake fluid sparks cables for sparks the alternator belts and water pump belts is a good thing to be checked on those miles That should be basic if u get really fancy and you drive in hot weather i would sugest checking the AC presure and u might need some added but basiclly thats it.

• 1 month later...

Please check your suspension and especially your brakes. Make sure your pads and rotors are not overly worn. Also the ae101 is prone to weak inner joints. Let yah mechanic check it for you and regrease it if anything. Other than that check yah bushings in the suspension and let yah mechanic pull on all the bolts to make sure nothing has come loose. I think more or less everything else covered that may cause u to brak down or die. :)

• 1 month later...