05 corolla hop up

metal hed

yeah, a cold air intake is a good addition, although, its best when combined with a performance exhaust system...

The intake alone, will only give an extra 1~3 HP, but it will improve the responsivness and remove flat spots..

Not to mention the induction sound ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been looking at an intake/exhust system for my '04 corolla LE- and I have a few questions:

Does this make a big difference?

What does it do to MPG?

How much does it cost?

I was also wondering if they make exhust systems that sounds 'normal'. What I mean is I don't like the buzzy sound of some of the aftermaket system i've heard.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2 years later...
Hello,

I have been looking at an intake/exhaust system for my '04 corolla LE- and I have a few questions:

Does this make a big difference?

What does it do to MPG?

How much does it cost?

I was also wondering if they make exhust systems that sounds 'normal'. What I mean is I don't like the buzzy sound of some of the aftermaket system i've heard.

Thanks,

Josh

I would go with a 2" bore, a new catalyst converter (make sure it's CA legal, some shops won't change it if there isn't anything wrong with the one you have. A hammer will fix this), and whatever tip you like. I would try the cherry bomb muffler available at most Autozones which is about standard size and won't sound like a pissed off weed eater. Cost here if you all ready have the muffler and converter is $140 at Mr Muffler.

I would put on a aftermarket intake, 2" bore exhaust, and do a full synthetic oil change. Should give you around 10-18 more HP. Look into getting custom cams built and a programmable ECU to really take advantage of the bigger intake/exhaust. Might as well port and polish the head while it's off, switch to higher compression pistons, and get a custom head gasket made of metal to further push your HP and torque up.

Good luck,

Rock