which gas works best with corolla?

powerlm

hi! i get really good gas mileage when using chevron gas for my echo.i remembered this one time when i got arco gas, and it burned throught so fast.but my friend always buy arco gas for his tercel and am happy with mpg he gets on it.

but it's not the case with my 06 corolla, with chevron gas (i know it's also due to the fact that the corolla has more hp too). is anyone here a regular of the 'cheaper'/non-brand name gas (safeway, costco, arco,etc)? what are you experiences with it? does a certain brand of gas gets you more mileage?

thanks for reading =)

the gas is all the same - just different refineries...

i hear quite often of excess fuel being sold to another company...

if i was you, i'd stop pumping the cheap 87 RON into your tank and pay for the decent stuff - you will notice and improvement then ;)

wut's 87 ron? i've never heard of them before. another brand of gas, i assume. :huh: i was thinking of getting the cheaper gas for the next couple of months till the gas prices goes down... :( and then going back to my regular chevron gas...

btw does the added additives in the gas really makes a diff. on the engine (keeping it clean, maintaining it,etc)?

RON is the octane level of the gas.

you should have a choice of 2 or 3 different types of fuel at any gas station, and if your going for the cheapest, your getting 87 RON..

the brand is much less important than the RON, as i say, its all the same in the end...

oh =O , i just ususally call it octane 87...didn't know RON is another word for it. :)

I heard that once you upgrade to a higher octane level, then you shouldn't go back down because it will 'damage' the engine. is that a rumor?

$6 per gallon...I knew it was significantly more expensive over there, and I've been trying to ignore all the hype from the media here about how gas is so expensive at $3 per gallon in the U.S. The ignorance amazes me. I wonder what they'd say if the gas prices were actually in line with Europe, or even Canada. Don't get me wrong, I'd vastly prefer to pay $1.50/gallon, but this media coverage is getting a little silly.

....sorry for the little sidebar...

no worries...

its actually at about $6.50 per gallon for 95 octane at the moment..

After spending 10 days in California (and putting 2000 miles on the rental car) I can't believe you guys complain about the cost of gas! I had a 3.5 V6 chevy, and for the whole of the pacific coast highway cost about $50... :lol:

(i also heard on the news because of the prices Bush was going to call an energy crisis!) :lol:

I shouldn't laugh, i know for you it seems really pricey, but the comparison is amusing...