new navigation software

stingray_on

I bought my XLE like 8 months ago. I have a friend that just bought a Honda Accord and she says her navi you could talk to it like the Acura commercial. zoom in, zoom out, call home, etc.

I was wondering if I can upgrade my navi to do that thru a software, or something.

anyone knows or have any ideas on this?

What model year is your XLE? I know the new ones right now have the voice-activated Navigation. Do you have a little button on or near your steering wheel that looks like a little face in profile?

No it doesnot have a little face. I bought my 05 memorial day.

You may be able to upgrade. I believe the Lexus 2004-2006 ES330 has the same version of Navigation you have (little screen flips out with the CD player/Nav DVD behind it?) and I think the ES330 has the voice command on the steering wheel. I also think it'll won't be the simplest or most inexpensive thing you've ever done (you may have to replace the steering wheel to maintain a factory look, plus add in a microphone somewhere).

Check out the straight-on pic of the ES steering wheel at the following link. The voice button is located on the lower side of the ride hand side of the wheel.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/gallery_interior_photos.html