Camry Stalling once warmed up, then goes away

speshlj

I have a 93 Camry 4cylinder w/150K miles.

Car is idling A LITTLE funny especially when stopped in DRIVE it tends to fluctuate a tiny bit. Idles low and high and acts up when stopping or slowing down. Car starts up fine when cold, but tends to stall a few minutes after I’ve warmed it up and driven it (usually a mile or two later). Usually it starts right back up again, but last time it took several minutes before it would start up and not stall again. It repeatedly just started and stalled. It doesn't seem to stall after it gets over this "hump." FYI, There’s a strong smell of gas in my garage.

I have had the car tuned up (new filters, plugs, wires, dist cap, oilchange, idle adjust etc..) and a new alternator w/in the last 6 months. Also they tested my ignition coil and it appears to be fine.

I read in the UK forum here that it could be the engine coolant temp sensor. My engine light is not coming on though, would this come on if that sensor is malfunctioning? I've brought my car to my mechanic (a good and trusted one) twice with this problem and he can't find anything wrong, doesn't charge me and sends me on my way. PLEASE HELP w/any suggestions.

Thank you

Justin