Cold air intake/exhaust

LynchMob

Ok, i did it, ordered a cold air intake and a new exhaust.... both on the way. Exhaust is going to be wielded by a family member who knows what he's doing. Problem solved there...

But cold air intake, No clue. This is a new one on me. What do i do????

Be careful when you clean the filter and re-oil it not to put too much oil on the filter. Otherwise, the oil will gum up the MAF and you'll have problems down the road. After a few thousand miles, check your intake tube and see if there is a fine layer of "gunk" lining the inside. Don't be too surprised if you see it there.

Wow, i'll catch trouble for this..

Oil the filter?

The K&N filter comes oiled and yes, you'll need to clean the filter every 25k miles or so... I think sooner, I can't really remember, but yes it does need to be cleaned and maintained. The K&N isn't one of those filters that you just slap in and forget about it. I'm currently waiting for Amsoil to make their new and improved air filters using nanofiber technology for my Taco. They currently make some for other vehicles, but none for my Taco yet, should be another few months or so hopefully. You can read all about it by clicking the link below.

https://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eaa.aspx

And if mine doesn't come with oiling instructions?

I assume you are talking motor oil?

Gawd, what a newb, eh??

I really hope you were joking about the motor oil part :unsure: . The oil I'm referring to is a tacky type of oil specifically for the K&N type to filter out the dirt and stuff. If you intend to keep the K&N, go ahead and purchase the filter recharge kit that comes with the oil and cleaning solution. You can pick that up at a Pep Boys and places like that and should come with cleaning instructions too.