Xenon Replacement Bulbs

Brian

I wanted to replace my headlight/foglight bulbs with the aftermarket Xenon/HID bulbs. Any recommendations on which ones are the most reliable and best? Also, how hard is it to do this? I am more concerned with the difficulty of replacing the foglight bulbs.

I wanted to replace my headlight/foglight bulbs with the aftermarket Xenon/HID bulbs. Any recommendations on which ones are the most reliable and best? Also, how hard is it to do this? I am more concerned with the difficulty of replacing the foglight bulbs.

Do you have HIDs already? Because if you don't, it's not just a case of changing the bulbs. You'll need an entire HID assembly, with ballasts, new wiring, special bulbs, etc. They're hard to get now (I guess there's some legal issues with aftermarket HIDs), and you can plan on spending about $500.

If you just want a whiter bulb, get some Sylvania Silverstars.

Do you have HIDs already? Because if you don't, it's not just a case of changing the bulbs. You'll need an entire HID assembly, with ballasts, new wiring, special bulbs, etc. They're hard to get now (I guess there's some legal issues with aftermarket HIDs), and you can plan on spending about $500.

If you just want a whiter bulb, get some Sylvania Silverstars.

No, I don't. I was just thinking about buying the Silverstars or Luminics. But, most of the reviews aren't making me run out and want to grab them. It appears that they have a very short life span and the visual gain is not that great to warrant spending so much.

No, I don't. I was just thinking about buying the Silverstars or Luminics. But, most of the reviews aren't making me run out and want to grab them. It appears that they have a very short life span and the visual gain is not that great to warrant spending so much.

I put them in my Camry...I have terrible night blindness, and the Silverstars worked well for me (at least until I actually changed over my headlamps to real HIDs). It seems like they lasted about 2 years, and I thought they were maybe $20? It's been awhile so I'm not positive.

I'm thinking about selling an old HID kit that I have for my 98 Camry. I haven't checked to see if it'll work with your car, but let me know if you're interested and I'll go track it down (I just moved, and it's in a box somewhere....)