2002 Camry TSB

AndreLaplume

NV010R-03: Body - Front Door Glass Wind Noise....I see it referenced on the net but have no details. Anyone who has this TSB or has had it performed, please let me know the details. The dealer is of no help.....

Re: prior post:

The vibration in question comes from either where the drivers window seeds itself into the seal (on the top or back side or both) OR from where the seal itself seeds itself into the door frame. It will occur over bumps and at high speeds and sounds like a vibration, similar to wind noise but worse. If I apply outward pressure to the window while driving, the noise stops. If I lower the window just a click is becomes quieter. This morning I pulled the upper and back side seal out of the door frame (this is where the upper window seeds itself) and pushed some felt in. It got better but I have done this before and it eventually comes back.

:blink:

Of course the dealer is of no help---he's waiting for your warranty to expire. Time to go up the food chain to regional and let us know what turns out for you.

NV010R-03: Body - Front Door Glass Wind Noise....I see it referenced on the net but have no details.  Anyone who has this TSB or has had it performed, please let me know the details.  The dealer is of no help.....

The vibration in question comes from either where the drivers window seeds itself into the seal (on the top or back side or both) OR from where the seal itself seeds itself into the door frame. It will occur over bumps and at high speeds and sounds like a vibration, similar to wind noise but worse. If I apply outward pressure to the window while driving, the noise stops. If I lower the window just a click is becomes quieter. This morning I pulled the upper and back side seal out of the door frame (this is where the upper window seeds itself) and pushed some felt in. It got better but I have done this before and it eventually comes back.

Of course the dealer is of no help---he's waiting for your warranty to expire. Time to go up the food chain to regional and let us know what turns out for you.

Already out of original warranty and rattles and the such are not covered under the Platinum Plus extended warranty I have. ...even though I have complained of rattles on at least 10 of my 14 or so oil changes so far.

Thats why I was hoping someone could elaborate on this TSB...dealer just says it does not apply. It may be something I can even do myself...if I knew the details...

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot find any txt information on this TSB---try to see if the parts department will help you on this. Make like you were coming to buy something else and see if he gives in. They'll figre you are a good customer anyway.

NV010R-03: Body - Front Door Glass Wind Noise....I see it referenced on the net but have no details.  Anyone who has this TSB or has had it performed, please let me know the details.  The dealer is of no help.....

The correct number is NV010-03. The 'R' means it was revised, but that's not part of the "real" number. When you look at the TSB, it'll just say "Revised" in the title.

Brad.