Software for 2005 Sienna Navigation System

hwilbourne

I've searched in vain for an upgrade to the DENSO software that came with my 2005 Sienna sat nav system.  Has anyone had any success?

I think 2005 is the most recent version. There may be an upgrade in a few months as the newest version just came out about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, LeighCM, for the insight. I'll revisit this around the first of the year to see if an upgrade is available. The dealership (Rice Toyota, Greensboro, NC) where I purchased the vehicle seemed very limited in knowledge about GPS in general and not a clue about updated software. I was surprised and a bit disappointed.

Thanks, LeighCM, for the insight.  I'll revisit this around the first of the year to see if an upgrade is available.  The dealership (Rice Toyota, Greensboro, NC) where I purchased the vehicle seemed very limited in knowledge about GPS in general and not a clue about updated software.  I was surprised and a bit disappointed.

Is there a reason why you want the newer version? Are there missing roads, wrong roads, etc. in your version? If so, you may want to stop by a dealership (try a Lexus dealership with a 2006 IS model in stock with Navigation) and see if that system has your road. Even some of the most recent versions don't have a lot of private roads, new roads in a subdivision, etc. It's whenever Navtech notices the road that it gets updated. Expect to spend a few hundred bucks when the new version is available.