New camry wheels on 2000 model

I am looking for toyota wheels that will fit on my 2000 camry. I heard that the new model wheels are to big, wrong off set. What is the biggest I can go 17, 18inch and with what off set and width. I am having alot of trouble finding some answers. I bought 2004 solara rims but was told that they would rub on the suspension. Please help! Im tired of hubs on my beloved Cam!!

Them fitting will all depend on if you have an I4 or V6 Camry. They will probablt not fit on an I4 Camry. I know people that have put 17' IS300 wheels on thier Gen 4 ('97-'01) Camry. The wheel's are 17x7 with a 50mm offset. 16" camry rims from '02-up are 16x6.5 with a 50mm offset. The IS300 wheels would only fit on V6 models, and also depending on what type od tire you used on it. I just got some 16" XLE rims from an '04, and am going to attempt to put them on my '96. Front should work out with proper tires, the rear may need to have spacers (which i am hoping I can avoid).

I think stock is 38mm offset. You should have no problem with a 42mm offset rim either. But also watch out for the width of the rim. Stock you probably have a 5.5" width.