Tailgate question?

Please give me your input?

After hauling my 430 lbs motorcycle in my 2003 Tacoma Doublecab, the tailgate was warped due to the rear tire resting on it causing a deform on the outer skin and paint to chip off the bottom edge due to rubbing while opening and closing. After meeting with the dealer and factory rep. some interesting questions were raised.

1) Should any of your cargo load be allowed on the tailgate even if you have a bed extender?(factory rep. response: No.) What about "tailgating"?

2) Owner manual states the tailgate should be removed when loading "heavy objects". How do you judge what is a heavy load? 100%, 50%, 25% of total cargo capacity?(factory rep. response: Use commonsense.)

3) How much load can be placed on the tailgate w/o damage? I thought this wouldn't be a difficult question since the 2005 has a limit.(factory rep. response: There are so many different loading conditions that a book would be needed to be able to list all of them.)

I'm not convinced I am at fault. Please give me your opinion :)