2003 Camry pulls left

anyofus

From what I've seen there was once a lot of chatter on this but I've been unable to find any conclusive direction. I just purchased an '03 Camry XLE with 32k miles. Nice car, but will pull/drift left and needs correction quite frequently. I know about road crown, etc. as this is far from my 1st car...and I know this car requires frequent steering wheel corrections to keep it from going to the left. The tires are new, alignment done twice (by dealer), all tires @ 42psi (spec on the Michelins, which actually improved things somewhat). I'm hoping I don't have to chase this problem forever. Does anyone in the Boston area know of a shop/mechanic/dealer who can address this issue without lots of run-around?

Check the sticker on the door jam (may also be in the glove box). That will give you the proper PSI...keep in mind it's the proper PSI when the tires are cold. 42 does sound quite high to me also.

I will, thanks, but in any event, the issue I needed help with ws pulling...which did get better with the higher pressure. So if/when I reduce it back to where it was, I'm assuming it'll get worse again.

Well, there could be a whole host of other problems then, like bad tie rods, endlinks, out of round tires (have you tried rotating the tires yet?), different size/brand tires, worn shocks etc.

Well 32k miles and brand new tires...will try rotating. I've read a bunch about this being a problem related to caster/camber and spring adjustment, just trying to find a mechanic who has dealt with it

• 2 months later...

Well here I am 2 months later, tires moved around, psi reduced, another alignment. This "pulling" was a hot topic one upon a time. There must be SOMEONE who dealt with the issue. I'm up to about 37k miles now....seriously thinking of just selling it if I can't find a fix. At a minimum of $100 a whack per mechanic who wants to tell me the sames thing all over again (along with advising me that cars follow the crown of the road) this is really frustrating. So, Boston area, anyone EVER deal with this issue?