Nostalgia

Broadcaster

Ten or eleven years ago I came to the USA from England.

I have always had an affinity with certain types of cars .

In England my daily commute was a boring plastic box called Peugeot 309. It had everything except character. It was reliable, relatively fast but frustratingly boring. I am sure many of you own, have owned or will own such a creature at sometime in your motoring life span.

My Sunday car (as it is known across the pond) was a untrustworthy, unreliable, temperamental, oil leaking, outrageously expensive but "most charismatic car ever" (quote Auto-car 1949) an XK 120. (You will not believe the number of times women in a petrol station have begged me for a ride in it).

Things don't stay the same and as I was coming to USA that car had to go along with the boring plastic. In the USA I had many Japanese cars Honda, Maxima, you name it. All were the boring plastic. (I mean no affront to any one).

I had seen Toyota Solara in the showrooms and I had thought yes that might be a car with character.

Leather seats, 3.3 litre engine, twin over head cam, Aluminium head, A car in the class of Lexus and BMW without the badge or the price tag to go with it.

The earlier versions were a lot more classy than the recent bulbous versions and my guess is they will become the future classic cars. For people who don't like the brash, in your face American muscle cars, this model has all that one needs.

The model that I opted for is a 1999 SLE V6 Pearl white with which I have covered 161000 miles. It is in still showroom condition, with the recent maintenance in the last 20000 including a belt, Engine top gaskets, Battery, Engine mounts, Suspension, New brake rotors and calipers and pads,tyres, and no not for sale as I don't have any payments on it and I know its reliability is perfect. It is going to have a new rack and pinion, and then I am hoping to begin subtle modifications to make it as it should have been, had I been the head of the design group of Toyota.

Any way I am a new comer here I have many questions to ask and hopefully have many answers to enquirers

post-5464-053319000 1288418152_thumb.jpg

post-5464-065702400 1288418161_thumb.jpe

post-5464-039283500 1288418207_thumb.jpg

post-5464-015447000 1288418259_thumb.jpg