New Supra

I just found this on the Internet :

2010-toyota-supra-6.jpg

2010-toyota-supra-1.jpg

This Supra may have a 3.5L V6 developing an astonishing 400hp....maybe coupled with a HYBRID SYSTEM!!!!

But Toyota said that the Supra or any sporty bar were not on their priority list.

What do you think about the "Maybe future hybrid possible Supra concept not so sure, finally"?

I'd choose a much more conservative, more tuner look than this semi-LF-A. Still, this one is very sporty

but looks extremely expensive, i'm afraid..! How much did the last Supra cost?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asjoseph

... been resting my eyes on Toyota's newfangled Darth Vader Supra concept for a good long while now, trying to warm up to the thing.

I know a clean sheet of paper when I see one. To me, it's as though, encharged the task of coming up with a 21st century Supra, Toyota's design staffers began, having thoroughly dissected an old 350Z before sophomorically disguising it -- around its bumpers, its roofline, taillights and C-pillars -- trying to make it look as though it's from a clean sheet of paper.

Except, with the 370Z's shortened wheelbase...

For me, looking at the thing, it's kind of sad. Same dilemma the Corvette shares with Nissan's GTR and its 350Z: grossly over-sized wheels, its screw's going to be way too high. Though it may look deceptively low, deceptively purposeful, elevated drive-shaft syndrome from those behemoth wheels, the thing's going to drive more like a lowered SUV than a real sports car. By my eye, I suspect the new Supra's going to weigh-in about 800 pounds overweight, same tyre ware and alignment issues, indicative the 350Z, and less cargo capacity than a Miata -- for twice the price?

The sports car's dead. Long live the sports car.

Regards,

- Sammy, Supercharged MR2