Fuse Box

mos_toyota

I've had my brake light and engine trouble light come on on my car. It is a 2001 Totyota Camry LE 4-cyl.

I've read the manual and it mentions several fuse boxes - however I can not for the life of me find the one that has the fuses for the tail lights etc.,

I've changed all the bulbs on the back of the vehicle, yet the light is still on. I'm thinking that it must be the fuse...

Can anyone direct me to where the heck this fuse box is??

Thx,

Mo

I've had my brake light and engine trouble light come on on my car. It is a 2001 Totyota Camry LE 4-cyl.

I've read the manual and it mentions several fuse boxes - however I can not for the life of me find the one that has the fuses for the tail lights etc.,

I've changed all the bulbs on the back of the vehicle, yet the light is still on. I'm thinking that it must be the fuse...

Thx,

Mo

There's a fuse box on the driver's side under the dash, and there's one big one under the hood. Did you check both of those?

Thx,

Mo

Your rear lights were working before and are working now?

Did you check your brake fluid levels? Does the car start? Do the brakes work?

Does your emergency brake work? Does it change any of the lights on the dash when activated?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Luc,

Thanks for the reply.

I found the fuse box, and all the fuses were OK.

The rear lights don't come on - I changed all the bulbs but they are all intermittently working. Sometimes they will light up, other times they won't. Luckily the rear lights come up when I back-up and the signal lights work. When I press the brake that's then the [R] lights-up on the dash and there is another symbol that shows the card with the rear lights "active" which I read in the manual means that there is a problem with the lights.

I took my car to a mechanic and he thinks that there is a relay/sensor that has burned out - can anyone confirm that this is what it could be? From Toyota, the sensor is around $250.00 but I may be able to pick it up from an auto wrecker for a lot less.

Thanks,

Mohamed

• 3 weeks later...

I Have this exact same problem on my toyota. you don't need to replace the sensor or anything of the sort.

My case, every time I opened my trunk the "R"-Reverse light turned on in my gear indicator and the orange symbol of a fused tail light would come on also, but it would go away when i closed the trunk. Some investigating seems the cable that holds all the wires for the lights on the trunk lid was damaged, probly happened sometime when i was loading/unloading cargo. The cable runs along the left hinge for the trunk and is in a black insulated tube. The point where the tube bends everytime the trunk opens and closed needs to be mended or reinforced, if you just play with it you'll be able to see the lights come on/off and you should be back in business with no problems.