95 Toyota Camry Primary Coil Resistance

vargasm

My very first Post B)

I've been doing alot of reading ever since my Camry starting exhibiting old age.

She turned 10 years old this month. She doesn't shut off or stalls, but she shakes at idle at a stop. I cleaned the throttle body. Removed alot of carbon from the EGR valve. Cleaned the EGR gas temperature sensor. Cleaned the IAC. Removed the distributor. Replaced the distribuotr O-ring, which solved my slow oil leak. Checked the pick-up coil air gap and it measures within range. I finally checked the Primary coil resistance and it read .1 on a digital meter. My book says it should be between .4-.5ohms. Secondary coil resistance read 13.50ohms, this is within range. My problem is whether my Hayne's book is correct or not. I've known it to be wrong on several occasions.

What is the correct Primary coil resistance(internal coil)?

95 Camry I4 Sedan USA.

:huh: Checked autozone and they says the Primary Coil should read from 3.6-5.5ohms. I think the Hayne's book was not that far off. :!: A quick note to all. When buying a coil at the auto store. Take an Ohm meter with you and check the coil's resistance. You may find that you might inherit someone else's return and headache. I almost purchased a returned coil that read an open across the secondary coil. :!: Avoid adding to your frustation in diagnosing a problem. Anyone have any comments on J.P. Sorensen parts? B)

Good T.S.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting.

I have a 94 4_cyl LE,

plus the Toy OEM Manuals .

Vol I, IG-10 says ...

Pri Res :

. cold 0.36 to 0.55

. hot 0.45 0. 65

Sec Res :

. cold 9.0 to 15.4

. hot 11.4 18.1

I wonder 'why' he diff twixt `94 & `95 I4_cyl ???

I can understand the 'diff'

twixt I4_cyl(coil) & V6_cyl(coil_s) .

Ed