Price Gouging (Strut replacement)

sta4402

Took car to get oil changed for 15.99, they came back with a quote of $2,178.00!

They wanted to rplace all four struts. THe front two struts they wanted $555.14 EACH! Has anyone heard of such a scam? the two rear struts were $162.00, i might not have been so shocked if that was the cost of the front.

Where is a good place to have this checked out, and should this cost me over 2G's to replace 4 struts? Should i go to a local garage and avoid the chains (NTB, Goodyear, etc..)

DALLAS.

The chains are notirious for finding things to replace that do not need replacing. Was this a dealer you went to? How many miles on the car? I would stay away from some of the chains. I have been burned by them many years ago. I would at least get a second opinion perhaps by the dealer. Or a trusted friend who knows cars and their maintenance. There are tests that can be done to test shock performance. Bounce test. Another person can observe the wheel action while going through a dip in the road. That will tell. The quoted price seems excessive.