Tomtom SD Card

ctown18

I puchased my '08 Urban Runner two weeks ago Sunday, and the SD card on the Tomtom corrupted 4 days after I got it. The dealer said that I would have it in two days (what a joke). I just called the parts department and he said that they weren't in stock and they had no idea when it would be coming in. Toyota should be proactive and replace these things before they deliver the cars to unsuspecting customers. They have to know by now of all of the issues with these hunks of junk!!!

Mark

Cleveland, Ohio

I puchased my '08 Urban Runner two weeks ago Sunday, and the SD card on the Tomtom corrupted 4 days after I got it. The dealer said that I would have it in two days (what a joke). I just called the parts department and he said that they weren't in stock and they had no idea when it would be coming in. Toyota should be proactive and replace these things before they deliver the cars to unsuspecting customers. They have to know by now of all of the issues with these hunks of junk!!!

Mark

Cleveland, Ohio

Tomtom isn't a Toyota part.

Tomtom isn't a Toyota part.

I'm aware of that, but if they're going to put these in the cars then they should be able to get them a little more quickly. Especially if they're having known issues which I'm sure they're aware of by now.

Is it just the SD card? Can you get the same card at Best Buy/Circuit City/Office Max/etc.? It should be cheap, and then you'd be done and over the whole issue. Yes, I understand it should be covered under warranty, but SD cards aren't expensive and if it really bothers you, that would solve your issue quickly. You could even call Toyota corporate and try to get reimbursed later.

Or you could wait a couple more days on the Toyota parts department. A typical parts order is 2 days, but things do occasionally get back-ordered. It's not a mechanically incapacitating part, so I'd just wait if it were me.

Tomtom and Toyota are both quality brands, but they do include electronic parts, which are not always perfect, even the highest quality ones. If Toyota knew there was an issue, there would be a TSB issued, and the dealer would perform the TSB on all in-stock vehicles. Most likely, you have a fairly unique problem. I think if you'll be a little patient, you'll see that you've purchased a great vehicle.