2006 Corolla LE

belgiumark

Hi,

I am new and I have a question.

Today, I got my 3rd set of front brake pads. Is anyone out there having the same problem? The dealerships keep telling me that it is my fault. Even if I was the worst driver in the world I can't understand that brakes are wearing out this fast. I was told this time that one of the front brake pads was cracked? How could I have possibly cracked the pad??

thanks,

b

• 2 weeks later...
i have 27k miles.

That's a little extreme for brake pad wear. As you are driving the car over the next few days, pay close attention to your driving habits. Drive like you usually do, but pay close attention. If you find you are hovering your foot over the brake, touching the brake while driving, or driving with one foot for the accelerator and the other for the brake, stop doing that immediately...the usually cause of quick brake wear is riding the brake, even if it's not on purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you inadvertantly step on the brake while driving down the road?

I have seen a few drivers do that.

Prematurely wearing the brake pads like that can cause multiple trips to the dealer for new pads installation.

• 2 weeks later...