1993 Corolla wagon seatbelt getting wet

Clutch

I own a very gently used 1993 Corolla station wagon and I've noticed the past few times it has rained, when I go to put my seatbelt on the belt itself is soaking wet. I pulled off the inner frame cover and saw no cracks in the retractor piece/cover.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions on how to fix it?

Also, there is a pretty bad smell coming from the vent, nothingn rotten, just a kinda dirty smell. More when the vent is open to let outside air in. When I have the A/C on and it's circulating the air from in the car it doesn't smell. Any ideas on a fix?

-Clutch

• 2 weeks later...

I own a very gently used 1993 Corolla station wagon and I've noticed the past few times it has rained, when I go to put my seatbelt on the belt itself is soaking wet. I pulled off the inner frame cover and saw no cracks in the retractor piece/cover.

Also, there is a pretty bad smell coming from the vent, nothingn rotten, just a kinda dirty smell. More when the vent is open to let outside air in. When I have the A/C on and it's circulating the air from in the car it doesn't smell. Any ideas on a fix?

-Clutch

Did you check for any wet leaves, etc. under the hood?

-Clutch

Mold on the A/C condenser.

Wet seatbelt might mean there is an opening perhaps from the bottom of the Corolla wagon, might be due to rust or damage.

check underneath.

Hope you find the issue.