2021 Tundra 4x4 8-Foot Bed, w/ 38 Gallon Gas Tank Size

Dan C.

My 2021 Tundra 4x4 8-Foot Bed is listed as having an upgraded 38 Gallon Tank. When the Gas Gauge is exactly lined up on the "E" line (I've only done this twice), My fill-up takes only 30.5 and 31 .2 Gallons, leaving approximately 6 to 7 Gallons still remaining in the tank. Most Gas Gauges , when pointer is on "E", are designed and calibrated have approximately 1.5 to 2.5 gallons remaining in the Tank. -- a couple of things can be happening here... 1) the Gas Tank capacity is not the advertised 38 Gallons, but possibly, and truly only 32 Gallons. 2) The in-tank fuel gauge sender was not corrected or replaced, at the Toyota factory to compliment the larger footprint, optional 38 Gallon Tank, which leaves the excessive and unused reserve when reaching "E".   Furthermore, with my lightweight camper mounted 100% of the time, my Tundra averages 12.7 MPG indicated electronically, and each fill-up results in a displayed range of 409 miles available, which coincides with a 32 gallon tank.  A 38 gallon tank would result in a displayed range of 482 miles, IF the electronic sender and gauge are correctly calibrated. Has anybody out there had this experience, or any success with a concrete explanation from Toyota? My solution is to treat my truck as truly having a 32 gallon Tank and NOT the 38 gallon tank that my window sticker indicates. Thanks for any help or guidance!