Retorquing wheel lug nuts on a brand new vehicle

Do the wheel lug nuts on a brand new Toyota Corolla purchased in Summer 2023 need to be retorqued after taking delivery of the vehicle and driving it for some time? The dealer did not ask me to return for retorquing after taking delivery of the vehicle. However, I notice that Costco Tire Centers, after installing new tires, ask customers to return after driving for 25 miles. Should I take my new Corolla back to the dealer for retorquing the wheel nuts? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard of a new vehicle going back for retorquing of the wheel nuts as they would have been fitted at the factory (unless they had been removed for replacement wheels or any other work) and would have been torqued to the correct settings.

When an independent garage or tire fitting company asks you to recheck your torque settings after a certain mileage it is usually because there is a waiver in place to ensure that if they haven't torqued the wheels correctly and something occurs then it becomes your responsibility.

If you feel that you wish to confirm with your dealer for peace of mind then it will just be a phone call to reassure yourself