Heat?

I love my corolla, 345000 km still going strong but...

No heat ( at least not much) and I am lost for things to check. A/c works great, fan moves lots of air, but heat is barely there.

Because it is cold, car idles for couple of minutes then I drive in 1 for about 3 minutes at 30kph and the dash gauge reads at normal temp, not much warm air out of the heater. Coolant levels are good, no leaks, heater recently backflushed (where did all that crap come from!)

Heater hoses from engine block are only warm not hot. If the dash gauge reads ok then the thermostat is  good?

but why hoses from the engine to the heater are not very hot?? Any suggestions appreciated Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thermostat would be my first thought and only other one would be the fact that the heater matrix may need another back-flushing if lots of debris came out on the previous flush then it may have dislodged more of it and it is sitting in the matrix.
A temperature gun works well to measure various parts of the system to see where there is a hot or cold spot