Best Oil for Tundra

Hockeydude

Hello all,

new guy here and of a tundra model. I have a question I’d like to get other opinions on. What type of oil do you use in your Tundra with high mileage? I have a 2012 tundra crewmax that just hit 150k and oil change is due. Do other tundra owners use full synthetic, synthetic or a high mileage blend 0w-20? I’ve used Castrol in my other vehicles, but do you recommend another brand? 

thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Toyota Owners Club
This post was recognized by Toyota Owners Club!

fro was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 30 points.

Hi there, I am new here too, as of like just a few seconds ago. This is one of the most asked ?'s on all of the Tundra forums. At any rate, just wanted to respond here although I know it's been almost a month. "Best" oil is subjective. Personally, as long as you use oil that meets the recommended specs and change it frequently (every 5k IMO), it's hard to go wrong really. However, I recently did some research myself and decided to switch to 5w-30 (I always use synthetic or synthetic "blend" at least). The reason I switched is that others indicated that the engine seemed to be a bit more "quiet".. i.e. less pings / tings or whatever. So far it definitely sounds better to me. 

Disclaimer: This is all my opinion and in no way stated as fact, for the record. 🙊

• Like 1