How to check engine oil ?

PTM

I have a 2008 Sienna. I find it very diffcult to measure the engine oil using the dip stick. Spoke with Toyota Service regarding this without succes. They said to check it after the engine had be off for quite a long time. This allows me check it only the first thing in the morning. Early morning is some times successfull. I can not measure it during a gas fill-up.

The dip stick is full of oil inches above the full mark. After several attempts, same results.

I have check the engine oil in every car I have owned for the last 55 years, every time I gas up.

Does anyone have a suggestion ? Is ther a modification that can be made to the dip stick ?

Thanks

PTM

I have a 2008 Sienna. I find it very diffcult to measure the engine oil using the dip stick. Spoke with Toyota Service regarding this without succes. They said to check it after the engine had be off for quite a long time. This allows me check it only the first thing in the morning. Early morning is some times successfull. I can not measure it during a gas fill-up.

The dip stick is full of oil inches above the full mark. After several attempts, same results.

I have check the engine oil in every car I have owned for the last 55 years, every time I gas up.

Does anyone have a suggestion ? Is ther a modification that can be made to the dip stick ?

Thanks

PTM

I've actually heard this specific complaint before. And your service department was right, that's the official Toyota word on this one. I don't know if taking a quick reading a t fill-up time is so difficult because of the size and shape of the the dipstick tube, or what, but that that would be my guess. That was the reason for the similar situation on the old Previa vans.