Yaris

Steve Larson

I have a 2007 hatchback with automatic transmission. It doesn't shift into high gear when its cold until after the low temperature indicator light goes out. The dealership says this is normal. Does anyone else have this issue ? I hope this isnt in the owners manual that I haven't read somewhere. !

• 2 months later...

I have a 2007 hatchback with automatic transmission. It doesn't shift into high gear when its cold until after the low temperature indicator light goes out. The dealership says this is normal. Does anyone else have this issue ? I hope this isnt in the owners manual that I haven't read somewhere. !

the ecm stops the engine from shifting into overdrive when cold to warm up the engine faster. this normal.

the ecm stops the engine from shifting into overdrive when cold to warm up the engine faster. this normal.

yup.

Even though the engine maybe already up to normal operating temps. - the transmission also needs to get to normal operating temps.

Take it easy on the 1st 1/4 mile or so after till the tranny gets up to temp.

• 3 months later...

Don't worry, 100% normal when the engine still is cold.