I can help with Toyota factory part

Man, center caps can be a real pain sometimes. I don't know where you got the part number in your post, but I couldn't get it to come up a valid p/n in my system. I found 3 possible applications for your '03 Sequoia: p/n 42603-0C040 @ $85.97, p/n 42603-AF010 @ $56.39, & p/n 42603-AF030 @ $61.16. I might be able to narrow it down further if I had your VIN. The parts cataloging shows illustrations for all three choices.

Let me know if I can be of furthur assistance.

P.S. I'm gettin' laid off at the end of the month due to re-structuring of the hours at my dealership. I still should be able to have access cataloging and pricing, though. It's gonna be a drag to outta work in the car bussiness this time of year.

My dealer came up with the 42603-AF030 for me too, but when I pull one of the existing caps and look on the back, it has the part number I quoted in my original post. Very confusing. Sorry to hear you are being laid off. Hope you find something else quick. Thanks for trying on my question. IF the AF030 part has a specific color that can be identified maybe that can help me. I think I am the hyper silver color, but hard to know. These center caps are maddening.

P.S. I'm gettin' laid off at the end of the month due to re-structuring of the hours at my dealership. I still should be able to have access cataloging and pricing, though. It's gonna be a drag to outta work in the car bussiness this time of year.

Good luck...sorry to hear about the layoff.

My dealer came up with the 42603-AF030 for me too, but when I pull one of the existing caps and look on the back, it has the part number I quoted in my original post. Very confusing. Sorry to hear you are being laid off. Hope you find something else quick. Thanks for trying on my question. IF the AF030 part has a specific color that can be identified maybe that can help me. I think I am the hyper silver color, but hard to know. These center caps are maddening.

Yup, gotta agree with leighcm. What you are seeing on the cap is what is called the "vender part number." It is a p/n, but it is not Toyota's, it's from the manufacturer. If your local dealer has tracked the part number using your VIN and compared the cap on your rig to the illustrations in the parts catalog, everthing should be on the right track. (heavy on the "should") The best I can suggest is what I would do if you were my customer. I would order you the cap with the understanding that if it wasn't the right one, you wouldn't have to pay for it, and if I had made you pre-pay for a special-order part, I would refund the purcahse price and continue to try and get you the right part, up and including making a call to Toyota Dealer parts answer line. All dealers have access to people with Toyota USA to help with difficult and troublesome applications, and availability, and other parts issues. Unfortunately, none of the info on the part led me to any specific color. Hope it goes well for you. Thanks for the opportunity to help you.

Good luck...sorry to hear about the layoff.

Thanks, I've got no plans for the immediate future. Just collect some unemployment, maybe a little work on the side, play with my 10 y.o. son. Things will pick up at work in a couple of months and they are terribly short-staffed for this summer. I've been in this business in this area for a long time, so I know I can find work if I need to. The door is open to go back if they call me. I've been aroung the block enough times in this business to know there is no need to stress. Just wish it was summer, ya know!!

It's the opposite in my world...this is the time of year that would be perfect for a few days off. It's typically 50-60 during the day, and very pleasant. Summer here is basically the equivalent of your winter...we don't go outside for 3 months or so.

Good luck, and have fun with your son...and try not get too cold!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I've been off of this site for awhile, but thanks to a new computer, I'm baaack!! I'd love to help you, but what you are asking is waaay over my head, even after 20 years as a Toyota parts dude. I know that there are more technologically adept folks out there somewhere. I hope they can contact you. I have always thought that one thing that makes a good "car guy" is knowing your limitations, and some of the tech and specs stuff certainly exceed mine. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks anyway