I can help with Toyota factory part

Hello friends, Just to introduce myself, I have been a Toyota parts person in a Toyota dealership since 1988. If you are having trouble finding a specific part for your Toyota, I may be able to help. At least I can provide you with a factory part number to take to your local Toyota dealer. I'm not looking to make any money from this, my only motivation is to share some knowledge and help some people. I've been around the block a few times and have lots of general knowledge, and also dealership insights. Let me know if I may be able to help you.

How about a supercharger for the 2GR-FSE? One that doesn't void the warranty, fits under the hood, and costs less than $10k?

(Just kidding...I know it doesn't exist!)

Thank you for joining our forum. We appreciate having someone with your level of expertise.

THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT!! I tried searching all the cataloging I have access to, and went out and spoke with some of the boys in the shop. While I am familiar with your motor, I only have info available here on models sold in the domestic market. Hopefully you can get in contact with someone who may have access to offshore parts cataloging that can help you.

How about a supercharger for the 2GR-FSE? One that doesn't void the warranty, fits under the hood, and costs less than $10k?

(Just kidding...I know it doesn't exist!)

Thank you for joining our forum. We appreciate having someone with your level of expertise.

Your Welcome, and glad to be of assistance. Please no questions about star-studded mudguards, two-way sneeze-through wind vents, or sponge-coated completely edible steering columns!!!

I also own a VERY nice 1986 MR2, and a 1987 Corolla GTS, and a 2006 Corolla XRS. Let me know if I can be of any help.

With a 4A-GE 20valve? :rolleyes:

a 4AGEC with only 16 cylinder ventilators, I just like those motors, I have a never-ending project that involves putting the drivetrain from a 1988 Corolla FX16 into a 1991 Tercel. It seemed like a really good idea at the time, and everything should

eventually fit together just fine, but I think my tape measure lied to me in a couple of locations. I plan on having it done (and out of the garage) and painted by spring. Sooo many cars, so little time!!!!

Hi Mr. Tercel/Idaho/USA,

hopefully you can give me some answers about service manual(s) for the 2008 Camry. I have talked to two different dealers and the Toyota service center and received multiple answers.

Question is:

is there a single service manual for an owner to purchase or is there multiple manuals that cost around $700 total.

Dealer where I purchased the vehicle didn't know and has not given me an answer. NOTE: I have not bugged them either.

I Have an 08 SE with the 4-squirrels under the hood.

Thanks

Roy

P.S. are you in the Boise area? If so you may heave dealt with my mom and sister.

Here's my two cents on the subject: I know that Lexus parts, even if they have the same part number, are more expensive than Toyota parts. That being said, a manual set for a 2007 ES350 is about $250, and you get several books (wiring diagram, service manual, etc.)

Hi Mr. Tercel/Idaho/USA,

hopefully you can give me some answers about service manual(s) for the 2008 Camry. I have talked to two different dealers and the Toyota service center and received multiple answers.

Question is:

is there a single service manual for an owner to purchase or is there multiple manuals that cost around $700 total.

Dealer where I purchased the vehicle didn't know and has not given me an answer. NOTE: I have not bugged them either.

I Have an 08 SE with the 4-squirrels under the hood.

Thanks

Roy

P.S. are you in the Boise area? If so you may heave dealt with my mom and sister.

Well, this was certainly an education for me!! the Camry service manual comes in 5, that's right, 5 volumes consisting of Vol. 1, Service, Maintenance, & Engine; Vol. 2, Suspension, Transmission, Drive Axles; Vol. 3, Cruise Control, Brakes, A/C & Heater, Seat Belts; Vol. 4, Interior, Exterior; and Vol. 5, Electrical. WOW! And it ain't cheap either! Whoever gave you the $700 quote was right on. I'm sure it's got nearly every imaginable detail in it, but the price is high. The different volumes are available seperately if you are interested in that. I got this info from the people that we order owners manuals from. Your local dealer should have that phone number, but if that exceeds their limitations I can share that info with you so you may enlighten them. Unfortunately, it is a "dealer only" situation as far as ordering from them. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

And yes, I work at the Toyota/Lexus store in Boise, deep in the heart of Spudland. Insert jokes here!!!

Here's my two cents on the subject: I know that Lexus parts, even if they have the same part number, are more expensive than Toyota parts. That being said, a manual set for a 2007 ES350 is about $250, and you get several books (wiring diagram, service manual, etc.)

The mark-up on parts, either Toyota or Lexus, is left up to the selling dealer. Some stores mark up their Lexus inventory more than teir Toyota parts. The store I work at doesn't do this, but the practice is not at all uncommon. All the factory does is provide a "suggested retail price" and some parts managers hike the price to retail customers to off-set discounts given to repair and body shops. Guess it's just a greed factor. This is why I am no longer "career-driven" in this business. I've been a parts manager, service manager, wholesale accounts manager, and just about everything else in a dealership. Now I just want to show up, do my job, sell parts, help people, and go home. Oh yeah, the paycheck! Can't forget that!!

The mark-up on parts, either Toyota or Lexus, is left up to the selling dealer. Some stores mark up their Lexus inventory more than teir Toyota parts. The store I work at doesn't do this, but the practice is not at all uncommon. All the factory does is provide a "suggested retail price" and some parts managers hike the price to retail customers to off-set discounts given to repair and body shops. Guess it's just a greed factor. This is why I am no longer "career-driven" in this business. I've been a parts manager, service manager, wholesale accounts manager, and just about everything else in a dealership. Now I just want to show up, do my job, sell parts, help people, and go home. Oh yeah, the paycheck! Can't forget that!!

I only liked your Tercel, now I like you too :lol:

Well, this was certainly an education for me!! the Camry service manual comes in 5, that's right, 5 volumes consisting of Vol. 1, Service, Maintenance, & Engine; Vol. 2, Suspension, Transmission, Drive Axles; Vol. 3, Cruise Control, Brakes, A/C & Heater, Seat Belts; Vol. 4, Interior, Exterior; and Vol. 5, Electrical. WOW! And it ain't cheap either! Whoever gave you the $700 quote was right on. I'm sure it's got nearly every imaginable detail in it, but the price is high. The different volumes are available seperately if you are interested in that. I got this info from the people that we order owners manuals from. Your local dealer should have that phone number, but if that exceeds their limitations I can share that info with you so you may enlighten them. Unfortunately, it is a "dealer only" situation as far as ordering from them. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

And yes, I work at the Toyota/Lexus store in Boise, deep in the heart of Spudland. Insert jokes here!!!

Thanks Spudman form spudland :rolleyes:

Since this is a learning curve for you also. Can you find out if Vol. 1, Service, Maintenance, & Engine covers the majority of DIY projects. I.e. Trans filter and oil. Brake pad replacement if special process required etc.

Appreciate the help, and yes I got severe sticker shock also. Probably will wait until Haynes releases a manual in mid to late 08.

ex spudman now a FISH (F*cking Illinois Sh*t Head)

Could you tell me part numbers for a feul injectors. I'm looking for a higher flow injectors. I have injectors from 1.8L corolla (not sure what engine, maybe 7A-FE, but flow is 255cc/min). But even with them, duty cycle on high revs, or when boost spikes occures, becomes over 95%.

So.. I want injectors that are: 1. High impedance 2. Flow is something between 350 - 450cc/min 3. Will fit stock fuel rail and cylinder head (I don't mind minor modification though).

I can get cheap injectors from Scion tC's 2AZ-FE engine. But I don't know how many ccs/min they flow. Can you give me more information about these injectors (from 2AZ-FE engine)?

• 2 months later...

I have one that may stump you. It has my local dealer anyway. I have a 2003 Sequoia that I have lost one of the center caps for. The part number is 42603-420NM-01. HOWEVER, the same part number is used for the three different color variations. There is Gun Metal, Hyper Silver, and Silver. Any way to tell which one I need? I see another number under the part number on an existing cap that has ">PPE/PA66< 2". I am thinking the "2" at the end is the color specifier, but I don't know which color it corresponds to. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have one that may stump you. It has my local dealer anyway. I have a 2003 Sequoia that I have lost one of the center caps for. The part number is 42603-420NM-01. HOWEVER, the same part number is used for the three different color variations. There is Gun Metal, Hyper Silver, and Silver. Any way to tell which one I need? I see another number under the part number on an existing cap that has ">PPE/PA66< 2". I am thinking the "2" at the end is the color specifier, but I don't know which color it corresponds to. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Man, center caps can be a real pain sometimes. I don't know where you got the part number in your post, but I couldn't get it to come up a valid p/n in my system. I found 3 possible applications for your '03 Sequoia: p/n 42603-0C040 @ $85.97, p/n 42603-AF010 @ $56.39, & p/n 42603-AF030 @ $61.16. I might be able to narrow it down further if I had your VIN. The parts cataloging shows illustrations for all three choices.

Let me know if I can be of furthur assistance.

P.S. I'm gettin' laid off at the end of the month due to re-structuring of the hours at my dealership. I still should be able to have access cataloging and pricing, though. It's gonna be a drag to outta work in the car bussiness this time of year.

Could you tell me part numbers for a feul injectors. I'm looking for a higher flow injectors. I have injectors from 1.8L corolla (not sure what engine, maybe 7A-FE, but flow is 255cc/min). But even with them, duty cycle on high revs, or when boost spikes occures, becomes over 95%.

So.. I want injectors that are: 1. High impedance 2. Flow is something between 350 - 450cc/min 3. Will fit stock fuel rail and cylinder head (I don't mind minor modification though).

I can get cheap injectors from Scion tC's 2AZ-FE engine. But I don't know how many ccs/min they flow. Can you give me more information about these injectors (from 2AZ-FE engine)?

Hey, I've been off of this site for awhile, but thanks to a new computer, I'm baaack!! I'd love to help you, but what you are asking is waaay over my head, even after 20 years as a Toyota parts dude. I know that there are more technologically adept folks out there somewhere. I hope they can contact you. I have always thought that one thing that makes a good "car guy" is knowing your limitations, and some of the tech and specs stuff certainly exceed mine. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.