Locations of VIN numbers

hubert

Hey guys how are all of you doing, im new here and already i have a question. I have a 1999 Toyota Camry 4cyl, recently i shipped the car to Europe and want to register it there but people there are giving me problems because the VIN number behing the windshield is not enough they need a second set of VIN number that is punched in on like fire wall or something. I looked all over and could not find it and since it American production Camry they could not find it either. So my question is does anybody know where to look exactly for VIN number beside the winshield and stickers on every element, it has to be punched it it a metal part of the car. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. :lol:

It should be on a firewall somwhere around the brake booster or on one of the strut towers. Mine is punched on a stainless steel plate wich is on a firewall.

post-2570-1190750112_thumb.jpg

Its not the same car though.. But you should look for something like this

Try on the engine itself, or on the bottom of the steering column. Also, look on the painted area by the firewall for a VIN number etched into the metal. I'm not sure exactly where the VIN is on that car (other than the obvious ones on the dash and the VIN stickers), but those are common places on many cars.

Customs really won't take the VIN stickers, even the big one with the color codes and manufacturing date? I think that one is inside the driver's side door jam.

They wont even look at the one on engine it has to be a part of the car it self ind stamped not a sticker. :( :( :(

Try on the engine itself, or on the bottom of the steering column. Also, look on the painted area by the firewall for a VIN number etched into the metal. I'm not sure exactly where the VIN is on that car (other than the obvious ones on the dash and the VIN stickers), but those are common places on many cars.

Customs really won't take the VIN stickers, even the big one with the color codes and manufacturing date? I think that one is inside the driver's side door jam.

Just a thought...these people that are giving you so much trouble...don't they do this on a regular basis? Don't they know where the additional VIN plates are?

Anyway, there has to be one near the firewall, stamped into the metal. I wish I still had my Camry because I'd go out and find it for you. It seems like it was stamped in larger numbers (like 1/2" each) in the painted metal. You'll have to look really closely, maybe crawl underneath, because it's meant to be hard to see to dissuade car thieves from changing the VIN. Depending on the engine and trim of your Camry and the build country, it'll start with something like "4T1BG22K...." or "JT2BK...".

They do it everyday like you said but not American version Camrys.... Anyway i called like 12 Toyota dealers all of them told me there is no vin on the firewall on this model that thers one behind windshied and than there are just stickers all over the car, than one guy from parts gave me number to the main Toyota office and they were no help either, he said "i guess this Toyota Camry is not made for Europe"... Now i have no idea what to do...... :( :( :(

Just a thought...these people that are giving you so much trouble...don't they do this on a regular basis? Don't they know where the additional VIN plates are?

Anyway, there has to be one near the firewall, stamped into the metal. I wish I still had my Camry because I'd go out and find it for you. It seems like it was stamped in larger numbers (like 1/2" each) in the painted metal. You'll have to look really closely, maybe crawl underneath, because it's meant to be hard to see to dissuade car thieves from changing the VIN. Depending on the engine and trim of your Camry and the build country, it'll start with something like "4T1BG22K...." or "JT2BK...".