Don't "drift" with FWD

B-R-T

This summer I got a good lesson. Don't drift with FWD car using handbrake + burnout (to correct the trajectory when sliding into a turn or to end a 180 turn). Because you can end up with a differential that really needs some "dental care".

post-2570-1190700731_thumb.jpg

post-2570-1190700768_thumb.jpg

post-2570-1190700808_thumb.jpg

Gotta get a limited slip differential.. or a lockable one..

For now I'v just got a new transmission. I gues I have to be more careful with the stock transmission.

Actually I spent only $140 for a used tranny. And changed it myself.. Thats why I like older and smaller engines, they are cheap and easy to work with. Although its kinda sad that I dont have any valve control system.. Like VVTi..

Maybe you could shoehorn the Celica GT-S engine and tranny in...

...while we're fantasizing, how about a 2JZGTE & a Getrag? :lol::lol:

There is definitely something to be said for those Yamaha auto motors (SHO, Celica, and I think the Elise), and that 6-speed is lots of fun.

Maybe you could shoehorn the Celica GT-S engine and tranny in...

...while we're fantasizing, how about a 2JZGTE & a Getrag? :lol::lol:

There is definitely something to be said for those Yamaha auto motors (SHO, Celica, and I think the Elise), and that 6-speed is lots of fun.

2JZGTE is to big for my car. And my car is FWD. 2JZGTE was built for RWD and I'm not sure they have a transmission for FWD. GT-S engine will be fun, but my driving style is not for this engine. Because there's an issue with this engine.. If you get it over the rev limit (8200 I believe) oil pump will be toasted.

For now I'm staying with my 4E-FE :lol: Just looking for forged pistons and conrods from 4E-FTE :huh:

If we talking about fantasies, I have a really sick one:)

I want to put another 4E-FE (1.3L) engine in the back, to power the rear wheels. Of course its very complicated, because it will be 4x4, not AWD. Thats why it will have handling issues. I think this could be solved by putting speed sensors inside the fornt and rear wheels and programming ECU to retard ignition of one of the engines depending on the speed of wheels. Although sensors should detect resistance not speed of the front or rear wheels, but thats more complicated..