My 06 Corolla CE

Stonestar

I just started doing work on my Corolla as of last weekend. The first parts I installed were a K&N Typhoon Air Intake Kit (69-8754TP, don't let them tell you it only fits on the 1.6L engine, add a breather filter for the piston oil spray and it fits just fine street legal or not) and a Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust System (15807, 2.25" pipes, 3" exhaust). Yesterday, I installed my ASA AR1 17" wheels and some new Yokohama S.drive 205/45ZR17 tires. The car looks, sounds, and drives like a completely different vehicle. Next comes the limo tint and god only knows what else. Please offer any suggestions you all might have for engine upgrades. I do enjoy spending money on my car :)

I'll put some pics up (and maybe an audio clip of my engine rev) as soon as I get home from work this afternoon. Cheers.

I probably won't put a rear spoiler on for a couple reasons. I am not a huge fan of the way wings look on a lot of cars to begin with and a wing that would actually give me any kind effect would have to be a small one designed to start kicking in downforce at like 60-65mph so it wouldn't look much different from a stock Corolla S rear spoiler. But who knows, stanger thigns have happened :)

I am checking out the link you posted, looks like they could have some interesting stuff. I have to say though, it has been a while since I laughed as hard as I did at the picture of the Corolla with the lambo door kit on that site. Funny stuff :D

I just started doing work on my Corolla as of last weekend. The first parts I installed were a K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit (69-8754TP, don't let them tell you it only fits on the 1.6L engine, add a breather filter for the piston oil spray and it fits just fine street legal or not) and a Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust System (15807, 2.25" pipes, 3" exhaust). Yesterday, I installed my ASA AR1 17" wheels and some new Yokohama S.drive 205/45ZR17 tires. The car looks, sounds, and drives like a completely different vehicle. Next comes the limo tint and god only knows what else. Please offer any suggestions you all might have for engine upgrades. I do enjoy spending money on my car :)

Your "Cold Air Intake" doesnt look very cold. It is behind the battery. You better make a hole in your hood. Over the filter. And your "Magnaflow" exhaust is not working if you have cat ant stock header. It just souds louder.

If you want real power - go turbo. Its cheaper then doing a beast from an atmo. Because if you want more power from atmo, you have to modify cylinder head, put high compression pistons, high overlap and duration camshafts and so on. If you go turbo, you just have tu put an tubo on and make a good fuel/ignition map for it (you also may need higher fuel pressure regulator or bigger injectors, but it depends on your fuel system). Stock engine can hold up to 5-7psi of boost without any modifications to the engine or the head.

Yes...it probably will improve appearance. However, unless you replace almost your entire suspension, your handling and performance will actually deteriorate. Lowering springs alone will cause "bounciness", and you may have some issues with the tires rubbing the inside of the wheel well or the edge of the fender, especially over bumps or in turns.

Yes...it probably will improve appearance. However, unless you replace almost your entire suspension, your handling and performance will actually deteriorate. Lowering springs alone will cause "bounciness", and you may have some issues with the tires rubbing the inside of the wheel well or the edge of the fender, especially over bumps or in turns.

He just needs to put lower springs and stiffer shock absorbers. Nobody puts only springs to lower a car (of course, nobody with some brain). If you want to make a job right, you have to modify body too. Like cutting the fenders around wheels to expand the wheel well. But that's not necessary. You have to do it when lowering a lot or when using large diameter rims.

Your "Cold Air Intake" doesnt look very cold. It is behind the battery.

You are very correct. Thats what I get for copy-pasting from websites that list things incorrectly.

And headers have made their way to the top of my to-do list since I made the original post. Thanks for your comments.

• 2 months later...

thats a damn good lookin corolla i love black corollas and the rims are nice u did a good job if u want to get it up nice get a eurolights on the front with the black inside and the altezza back lights they look like the mazda ones the black ones but they are sweet man also u can get the adjustuble coilcovers so you can get the desired height of the car :)) otherwise for engine check trd they are kinda of expencive but they are toyota :)) anything else than that i can congratulate you on choosing to tune up corolla instead of one of those ugly dodge neons and other ugly cars out there! GOOD JOB!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Oh goodness! Long time no post. Things have been a little crazy at work the past few months so I haven't been trolling the forums. The car is still looking and running great despite a close call with a jackass in a pickup truck changing lanes without signaling/looking in his mirror on a rainy night (one of my rim lips has a small scratch courtesy of the curb, could have been MUCH worse). I am getting my windows tinted (FINALLY) in the next week or so and I am about to place an order for some wicked Spyder head/tail light assemblies. I shall post pictures when everything is installed. I want to get some full coilovers for the baby so I can have an adjustable ride height to account for any body kit I may install later, but the Eibachs that I want are like $1349.79 for the set! So that is going to have to wait. Anyway just wanted to check in (and shamelessly bump my thread) and say hi.

P.S. Our spedometers may only go to 110 mp/h, 180 km/h (the stock limit in Japan) but I recently hit 118mp/h! I'll post a shot of my GPS max speed record when I get home.

Good looking Corolla!

For more ideas for your Corolla may I suggest: 9thgencorolla.com

Also the K&N Typhoon is a SRI (short ram intake).

Wheel gap is a 4 letter word.

Welcome to TOC US.

I just started doing work on my Corolla as of last weekend. The first parts I installed were a K&N Typhoon Air Intake Kit (69-8754TP, don't let them tell you it only fits on the 1.6L engine, add a breather filter for the piston oil spray and it fits just fine street legal or not) and a Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust System (15807, 2.25" pipes, 3" exhaust). Yesterday, I installed my ASA AR1 17" wheels and some new Yokohama S.drive 205/45ZR17 tires. The car looks, sounds, and drives like a completely different vehicle. Next comes the limo tint and god only knows what else. Please offer any suggestions you all might have for engine upgrades. I do enjoy spending money on my car :)

I'll put some pics up (and maybe an audio clip of my engine rev) as soon as I get home from work this afternoon. Cheers.

How did you get the air intake "Sensor box"(Not sure what it is called its the square thing with wires coming out) attached to your cold air intake? did you have to mod it to get it attached? Or did you CAI come with a spot for it?

How did you get the air intake "Sensor box"(Not sure what it is called its the square thing with wires coming out) attached to your cold air intake? did you have to mod it to get it attached? Or did you CAI come with a spot for it?

The K&N SRI (its not actually a cold air intake since it has no heat shield) has a spot for the sensor. No modification neccessary.

Did you mean the MAF (Mass AirFlow) sensor?

There is a spot for it on all SRI & CAI.

Not sure about the one's from ebay though.