strut replacement

toy200kclub

The welds broke on my left rear strut on my 93 Camry. It's dragging against the tire and I have decided to tackle the job. I've done engine repair and brake jobs but have never taken on MacPherson type shock/struts.

I have a Chilton and Haynes manual but are there any tips on safety and also on removing that rear seat and tray assembly you could give me.

I plan on taking the coil spring to the auto-parts store and letting them deal with the spring compression job.

Thanks, Jim

The welds broke on my left rear strut on my 93 Camry. It's dragging against the tire and I have decided to tackle the job. I've done engine repair and brake jobs but have never taken on MacPherson type shock/struts.

I have a Chilton and Haynes manual but are there any tips on safety and also on removing that rear seat and tray assembly you could give me.

I plan on taking the coil spring to the auto-parts store and letting them deal with the spring compression job.

Thanks, Jim

I found some reference material online and figured it out; diynetwork; withdrawing question