2020 Camry battery going dead

Amanda Terrebonne

Guess I'm not unique.  Did about 500 miles over Thanksgiving, and drove it yesterday so thought I was imagining it struggling to start yesterday, but sure enough today the battery is dead.  What a piece of junk.  Sure I can call roadside assistance, but am I supposed to call them every time it doesnt start until the problem gets fixed?  First Toyota I've owned and for sure will be my last when something like this happens to a two year old car with 7500 miles on it.  

• 3 months later...

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem. I have a 2020 XSE, so far it’s been twice.

I have a hunch it has to do with the E-brake. Make sure when you exit the vehicle and everything is off that the light is off. It appears there is a glitch in the way it’s processing info.. again, just a hunch.

anyone else have any ideas?

• 1 year later...

2020 Camry owner same dead battery issues as other owners so I’ll get to my story.  Multiple visits to dealer for battery check always same diagnosis, battery is fine can’t find any issues.  Well service departments it’s not the battery it’s what’s causing the battery to die!!!! I mean seriously, electrical systems, fuses, wiring etc. must all be checked!!!!!  Why not just do your job?  It’s the right thing to do.  No one gives a crap any more especially if it is more time consuming or difficult.  I’m a nurse, imagine if I did my job half ass!  What about your family members?  Would they be treated this way?  Service department says they can’t run firmware updates because battery doesn’t show a code number because nothing is wrong with battery.  That’s because I just drove 40 minutes to your dealership and charged the battery!  So over it and the bull.  Thank goodness for internet will figure this out another way.  In meantime keep posting all the helpful information.