idle stalling problems

Cathy Temple Stansell

Did you originally replace the PCV because of poor running? With the pcv hose disconnected, your car should run horribly because of a huge vacume leak. Do the old and new PCV valves make a rattling sound when you shake them? If so, that generally means they are capable of working. There are some more things going on here.

• 1 month later...

So the car is now running smooth but using more fuel than before?... If the driveability is good (smooth, no shaking etc), then I would look at basic tune up things including timing. When was last time spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter were changed and timing was checked? The ethanol blended fuel here in georgia plays heck on the fuel system and fuel filter.

all been done I am thinking there is a fuel leak somewhere to get such a reduction in mpg. lol It could be the high gas prices we are paying now. Really I could run on fumes in this car. 5 bucks just a few month ago would take me anywhere i wanted to go. we just today found some one that has the equipment to run the diog. text on an older car. Going tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Need to clean your MAF sensor, the ECU uses info from sensor to adjust how much fuel/air mixture. If it is dirty, engine runs rich which uses more gasoline resulting low MPG.

• 5 months later...

been a while that i posted on the issues I was having with my Camry. Would you believe it was a vaccum line some how had gotten knocked off behind the throttle body getting better gas m/g for the year 92-93 and mileage 350,000 + . We recently took a 438 one way trip with fully loaded cab of 4 large to mid size men and women, luggage and 1 toddler. We were able to get 28 m/g. my sweetie doing pretty good. This mile included stop and go traffic in our stay. filled up as we left to go home.