07 corolla auto trans service

ron2368

I went to PEP Boys to get trans fluid and they said I can only get it from Toyota, is that true??

Can I drain it myself? I dont see any external filters to change. Looks like I can drain about 4 qt per the manual. Is that enough or is a dealer flush worth doing I am sure its very costly. I have about 60k on the car but would like to do the atf.

The BEST is to have the dealer flush the tranmission complete. And it probably costs around $150. My cheaper alternative that I think would provide adequate protection for the transmission is to drain the several quarts that will come out (yes 4 quarts is about right). Do this every 30,000 miles. I use the Toyota brand. (a little more expensive but you know it is what was designed for the car) Since you started with all new fluid when the car was new you are probably OK starting the drain and fill at 60,000. Many people never service the transmission fluid. You will be well served doing whichever approach you take. I also do a similar thing with the radiator coolant. Drain radiator (1 gallon) replce with 1 gal of 50:50 Toyota coolant each year. This should keep everything in good shape. (from a corrosion standpoint) And it is the low cost alternative to a dealer flush every 3 years.