Tacoma Speedometer calibration

Caymen

My niece has a 1996 Tacoma 4x4. She got the vehicle used. It has a 3" body lift with 32x11.50-15 tires. I calculated the speedometer error to be off alot. At 65 MPH on the speedometer, she is actually going 80+ MPH.

She does need new tires. Since the vehicle is lifted, she is going to go with tires that are a little smaller, but we are trying to avoid going to stock size. It would look stupid with the stock tires and a body lift.

What can we do to get the speedometer to register with the proper speed? I don't know anything about Toyota's. I drive Fords and I know all I need is a flasher and get a custom burn to tell the ECU what size tires I am using and the speedometer will reflect the correct speed.

I know there are a butt load of people with lifted Tacoma's. There has to be some cheap and reliable way to accomplish it.

Anyone have any ideas what we can do to get it to work right.

The size of tire we might go with could be a 31x10.50-15 or maybe something a little smaller. I think if we go much smaller then that, it will look stupid.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tom