Kelyess Entry Not Standard?

Prhime

I picked up a 2006 4Runner limited and spoke with the dealer regarding keyless entry. He said it doesn't come with it. Is this correct? Keyless is more of a want than need, I do admit. But in this day and age, most cars I see have it in some form.

Not looking for a full alarm, just a remote to lock and open the doors.

I picked up a 2006 4Runner limited and spoke with the dealer regarding keyless entry. He said it doesn't come with it. Is this correct? Keyless is more of a want than need, I do admit. But in this day and age, most cars I see have it in some form.

Not looking for a full alarm, just a remote to lock and open the doors.

I don't think it was standard, but I don't remember ever seeing a Limited without it.

I don't think it was standard, but I don't remember ever seeing a Limited without it.

i'll look into buying a keyless remote online (have seen prices from $30 to $70).

any advice before i go down this road?

i'll look into buying a keyless remote online (have seen prices from $30 to $70).

any advice before i go down this road?

Have the Toyota dealership do a vehicle inquiry report and see if it had keyless entry on originally. It'll be cheaper if it did. Buy a Toyota remote if possible.