Dont buy from Greg Orr Hot Springs Ar

edteach

I purchased a new Toyota corolla from Greg Orr in Hot Springs. I was treated with a condescending attitude. When I was on the phone with Lenders in Benton the sales manager came out and said OK you win you got your deal. I was asking for 300$ more off. I told Lender we had a deal here and after an hour of filling out the credit app. and paper work, we got to the end and the price was the same, the Sales manager came in and said he meant that the deal I was getting I was winning on, and that he could not take off any more. He new I had relatives coming in that day and had run out of time to deal. He also told me that he would give me better service if I purchased the car through them instead of another dealership. Well the hub cap was missing and the manager said to bring it in and they would take one off of another car and replace that one by order. I drove 25 miles to the dealership and when I got there the manager was standing in his office telling jokes. I waited an hour with my visiting company in the car. When I asked if they were going to get me the hubcap I was told that they would order it and call me when it arrived. I stomped out and never went back. The service dept. did call a week later and said the cap was in and I could pick it up. When I told them I would not they said they had a guy going by my home and he would deliver it. I waited an hour after the time that was said they would be there and no one called or showed up. After calling they said he would be there just wait. Well 3 hours later they showed but not at my home. They called and said to meet them at the retirement home 3 miles away. I got the hubcap but will take my care 200 miles if I had to to service it. They are a bad joke of a dealership.

Why don't you call the Toyota corporate hotline? 1-800-331-4331. Open a case with them...the dealership should take it pretty seriously. Did you like your salesperson? Or was everyone a pain?

Seriously, you'd be crazy to take your car 200 miles away to service it just because you're mad at the sales department at the dealership. The service department is a separate entity, and the technicians generally don't care whose car they're servicing.

Sorry you got treated so badly. I guess even great cars like Toyota sometimes have dealers that do not live up to the standards of the manufacturer. I would, with a humble spirit, contact a zone representative and attempt to report your bad experience with the objective to give Toyota informatin so they can effect im[provement at the dealership. Make sure you admit any attitude or behavior problems you might have exhibited but tell them that you want to report this incident so that others are not hurt in a similar way. Maybe if you approach this in the right way you can actually cause a turnaround of behavior at the dealership and help them resolve their problems. I wish you the best. If you can not get satisfaction then I guess you need to find a new dealership.

• 2 weeks later...

I have delt with the service dept. and they are trying to be helpful. The sales manager was very condesending and had the attitude that we have good deals and you need to buy and shutup. The salesman was ok, he kept inturpting our sale with calls from his wife of 23 and he is 55 [good work if you can get it] and complaing about how inmature she is.

I have delt with the service dept. and they are trying to be helpful. The sales manager was very condesending and had the attitude that we have good deals and you need to buy and shutup. The salesman was ok, he kept inturpting our sale with calls from his wife of 23 and he is 55 [good work if you can get it] and complaing about how inmature she is.

So it sounds like at least the service department isn't bad...probably, the worst is behind you. Did you trying calling the corporate office yet?