2008 Camry Hybrid Keyless entry and starter

golfer727272

Last night after driving for about 15 minutes..I got to my destination and parked the car...When i went to lock the vehicle with my keyless entry unit..it would not lock...I wondered if there was a battery issue..Unable to lock the car, I sat down in the drivers seat and attempted to push the starter so I could leave...The panel light came on stating it was not identifying the presence of the keyless entry and starter unit...I sat for about 5 minutes and tried it again and all worked well...Three questions...

1) What's the battery life of these units???

2) Is there a chance wireless devices can cause problems with them?

3) While the little internal key bar can be removed to unlock the vehicle...Is there anyway to start the car if this happens again???

Thanks..Love my Camry...but this is scary

Last night after driving for about 15 minutes..I got to my destination and parked the car...When i went to lock the vehicle with my keyless entry unit..it would not lock...I wondered if there was a battery issue..Unable to lock the car, I sat down in the drivers seat and attempted to push the starter so I could leave...The panel light came on stating it was not identifying the presence of the keyless entry and starter unit...I sat for about 5 minutes and tried it again and all worked well...Three questions...

1) What's the battery life of these units???

2) Is there a chance wireless devices can cause problems with them?

3) While the little internal key bar can be removed to unlock the vehicle...Is there anyway to start the car if this happens again???

Thanks..Love my Camry...but this is scary

I think the Camry should be the same as my GS350:

1.) Use the metal part of the key to lock the car.

2.) If the battery on the Smart Key is dead, hold the Smart Key up next to the push button start. Push the button and the car will start.

It's a little battery like a watch battery. You'll have to replace it periodically, unfortunately. Mine is currently about a year old and still fine.

Thanks

I think the Camry should be the same as my GS350:

1.) Use the metal part of the key to lock the car.

2.) If the battery on the Smart Key is dead, hold the Smart Key up next to the push button start. Push the button and the car will start.

It's a little battery like a watch battery. You'll have to replace it periodically, unfortunately. Mine is currently about a year old and still fine.