1999 Broken Passenger Mirror Glass

Nic

I have a broken mirror glass on the passenger side of my 1999 Camry. The dealership ordered new glass but when they went to put it on they found that the part was not right and told me the only way to fix it was to order the whole new mirror for $260. I'm looking for another option.

Does the mirror glass piece just snap on and off of the housing? And, if so, would it be possible to buy a used one of any color off Ebay and then just take the glass off the "new" one in order to put it on the old?

Nic

I have a broken mirror glass on the passenger side of my 1999 Camry. The dealership ordered new glass but when they went to put it on they found that the part was not right and told me the only way to fix it was to order the whole new mirror for $260. I'm looking for another option.

Does the mirror glass piece just snap on and off of the housing? And, if so, would it be possible to buy a used one of any color off Ebay and then just take the glass off the "new" one in order to put it on the old?

Nic

I bought a replacement mirror glass at partsamerica 51762 is for passenger side.

you can look it up here:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91...ategory_list=:0

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail....artNumber=51762

I think this would fit your camry. you can chip out the rest of the broken mirror, or just place this one on top of the old one.