mom needs help

dknix

:( :unsure: 1997 Toyota Corolla

Power Locks & Windows

To make a long story short, my son locked the keys in the car, stupid me doesn't have a second set. We had a friend try to jimmy the lock & in the process has completely disabled the drivers door. needless to say we are unable to unlock or open the drivers' door...a very important feature my son has come to love in this car! I have taken the door panel off and I have the window rolled up, all the other doors & windows open so I don't die from the heat in this process. I have tried every which way to see where the 2 smaller rods and the rod attached to the handle all connect. I have resorted to laying in the drivers seat with my feet in the air (very entertaining for the neighbors), trying to get a good look inside the panel, since I can't get the door open. The two smaller rods are still connected to the door panel, but one of them looks pretty bent up, the other one I am assuming somehow attaches inside the hole on the door knob. I'm tired of trying to be a super mom, I just need help! I hope I have made sense, we went through Hurricane Ike & have been without power since the storm, my mind is fried from the heat & I typing this out on my cell phone. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

:( :unsure: 1997 Toyota Corolla

Power Locks & Windows

To make a long story short, my son locked the keys in the car, stupid me doesn't have a second set. We had a friend try to jimmy the lock & in the process has completely disabled the drivers door. needless to say we are unable to unlock or open the drivers' door...a very important feature my son has come to love in this car! I have taken the door panel off and I have the window rolled up, all the other doors & windows open so I don't die from the heat in this process. I have tried every which way to see where the 2 smaller rods and the rod attached to the handle all connect. I have resorted to laying in the drivers seat with my feet in the air (very entertaining for the neighbors), trying to get a good look inside the panel, since I can't get the door open. The two smaller rods are still connected to the door panel, but one of them looks pretty bent up, the other one I am assuming somehow attaches inside the hole on the door knob. I'm tired of trying to be a super mom, I just need help! I hope I have made sense, we went through Hurricane Ike & have been without power since the storm, my mind is fried from the heat & I typing this out on my cell phone. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

sorry to hear all that you are going through. . .

sounds like when your son tried to slim jim the driver side door - he bent the the connector, try to "re bend" the connector and see if that works, worst case - take it to a mechanic or body shop you trust to make this simple repair - should only cost one hour at the most of labor time.

Hope things work out for you and your son!

• 14 years later...

there is another way to unlock the car with air pump and long handle to press the the unlock door botton in driver side...cost me 60 to unlock my car this way ...I could buy slim jim for 2 dollarĀ  from dollarstore but I prefered the air pump (safer).

Edited by Sarmad