LED lights

Naz

I have a 98 camry and i was interesting in replacing most of my exterior lights with LED lights So i wanted to know if anyone had any experience doing so? My one question was that, i once saw a old lexus LS400 that had its brake lights replaced with LED's and that made the car think that the brake lights were fused so the indicator light came on. My car also has that same indicator system, so i wanted to know if anyone put LED bulbs in their camry and if it made the fused brake light indicator come on?

• 5 months later...

I have a 98 camry and i was interesting in replacing most of my exterior lights with LED lights So i wanted to know if anyone had any experience doing so? My one question was that, i once saw a old lexus LS400 that had its brake lights replaced with LED's and that made the car think that the brake lights were fused so the indicator light came on. My car also has that same indicator system, so i wanted to know if anyone put LED bulbs in their camry and if it made the fused brake light indicator come on?

Yes, I've changed all my lights to LED's. First, you want to go to this website...Sylvania Bulb Replacement Guide. On that website, you will find all the bulb sizes for your car, you can change all the bulbs except for the headlight/high beams. Then, use this site to order your lights, they have a cross-reference guide right on this website...SuperBrightLED's (try to put everything under 1 bill so you can save on the shipping). W/some of the bulbs, you won't need to reference them, but for most of them, you will. Now, for the signal lights, you will have to order "Load Resistor's," you will need 4 (1 for each corner). The reason being, is that every car has a certain frequency that standard bulbs understand & the car's computer is programed to send out that frequency to the bulb. Now, LED's use a different frequency, since the car's computer doesn't know that, it sends what the computer is programed to send. These load resistors simulate the load that the LED's understand, otherwise they will blink fast. Here's a link on how to install them...Load Resistor Intallation Guide I would suggest that you wire 2 resistors to each of the back signal lights to ease the complication of the fact that you have 3 wires that go to the signal light bulb in the front (1 for the parking light, 1 for the signal, & 1 for the hazards). It's fairly simple (everything is plug-n-play), the only real complication is installing the resistors. Well, in a nut shell, this is all that you really need to know, if you actually go ahead w/it, keep us posted, take pix, & if you have any questions, just let me know.

Hey there, here's something I found that you might like. It's clear corner lights for your Camry, it's really tough to find anything for the '97-'99 Camry's. But I've managed to find clear-out parking lights & Whits-outs for the rear signal lights. It's next to impossible to find stuff for this year, they have a lot of stuff for the '00-'01's, but the lights on those are bigger than your's so they won't fit. See if you like these.

Clear Corner Lights

Red & Clear Tail Lights

You may also want to look into this as well...

Smoke Lens Film