Rattling Noise & Transmission feel in New 2024 Corolla LE

Tharr62

Hi everyone,

I've had my 2024 Toyota Corolla LE for about two weeks now, and with only 300 miles on the odometer, I've noticed a couple of issues that I'm hoping to get some advice on.

Rattling Noise: When driving at slow speeds in my parking garage, I can hear what sounds like a rattling coming from underneath the vehicle. Initially, I thought it might be a loose spare tire in the trunk or some other interior item, like the rearview mirror housing. However, I ruled those out since the noise is definitely coming from outside the vehicle. It sounds like an exhaust or heat shield rattle. I also hear this noise when driving slowly through parking lots or over bumps at low speeds.

I took the car to the dealership where I bought it and reported the problem. After about two hours of inspection, they informed me they found a technical service bulletin (TSB) titled "Vibration or Rattle Noise from Right Hand Engine Mount." The suggested fix is to replace the insulator subassembly on the right-hand side. They didn't have the part in stock, so it will take about a week to order, and I will need to return for the repair. This is covered under warranty.

Questions:

1. This TSB is dated November 2023, and my car was manufactured in July 2024. Shouldn't this issue have been addressed during manufacturing if the TSB was issued before my car was built?
  2. Has anyone else had this insulator subassembly replaced due to this TSB? Did it fix the issue? I'm concerned about having a major repair done on a brand-new car, especially if it doesn't resolve the problem. They mentioned the job would take several hours, which makes me nervous.

Transmission Feel: Additionally, I'm experiencing some jerking when I take my foot off the gas, especially in traffic. When I lift off the accelerator, I sometimes feel a j e r k from the transmission. If I need to accelerate again to keep up with traffic, I sometimes feel another j e r k. Is this normal for the CVT transmission in the Corolla? This is my first Toyota Corolla, and I'm still getting used to the CVT, as I've previously owned luxury vehicles.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!