Bleeding Brakes

groverlakshay

hi all,

i am a mechanic but i am not certified in toyota..

when i bought my 2002 camry (used at 17,000 miles) the brake pedal would go down further before the car would slow down, i called the dealership withing few days asking if i can get that fixed and the salesman said that he bought 02 solara and he has same issue and he bought it new, so as per he says, it came from factory like that.. now at that time i was just a young punk believing what everybody said. now that i am mechanic, i have bled the brakes in every possible way including mechanically and by applying pressure of 10 even 20 psi... but still i still have a long pedal travel... i have been dealing with it for last 5-6 years and i am tired of it. my dad has 2005 camry 4 cyl and his brake pedal is real good just like any other car...

is there anyone out there who has 4 cylinder 2002 camry and has had same problem? please help...

if anybody knows a special way to bleed the brake system, please help me out....

• 5 months later...

hi all,

i am a mechanic but i am not certified in toyota..

when i bought my 2002 camry (used at 17,000 miles) the brake pedal would go down further before the car would slow down, i called the dealership withing few days asking if i can get that fixed and the salesman said that he bought 02 solara and he has same issue and he bought it new, so as per he says, it came from factory like that.. now at that time i was just a young punk believing what everybody said. now that i am mechanic, i have bled the brakes in every possible way including mechanically and by applying pressure of 10 even 20 psi... but still i still have a long pedal travel... i have been dealing with it for last 5-6 years and i am tired of it. my dad has 2005 camry 4 cyl and his brake pedal is real good just like any other car...

is there anyone out there who has 4 cylinder 2002 camry and has had same problem? please help...

if anybody knows a special way to bleed the brake system, please help me out....

I've 1997 Camry and brake pedal too go down to stop the car.

I had recently serviced my car and got the motor belt changed and it was loose as a result the breaks became harder had to tune the belt to make it work smooth again. My conclusion is smoothness depends on the brake oil or the motor tension.