GPS Navigation

LOL New Topic.  I have checked the users manual that came with the car and the subjuct is made so complicated I can NOT get thru all the steps I want be able to use.

I have also looked at the online user manual (ALL 600+ PAGES ONE PAGE AT A TIME) and as far as I can tell the subject is not even covered.  I do NOT even see the subject listed anywhere.  If anyone know the page number of the Navigation system (if I missed it).  I would sure appreciate knowing the page number.

Things I want to be able to do:
1.  Setup Destinations (It does want to let me put in more than one (1) street number.
2.  How to TURN OFF the destination when done using it.
3.  How to turn on Destination ON when needed.
4.  How to delete a destination from the system when NO longer needed.

I sure would like some help with this subject since I am with the VA and they want to send me all over the east coast for treatment.
Thanks

2 hours ago, huffman said:

LOL New Topic.  I have checked the users manual that came with the car and the subjuct is made so complicated I can NOT get thru all the steps I want be able to use.

I have also looked at the online user manual (ALL 600+ PAGES ONE PAGE AT A TIME) and as far as I can tell the subject is not even covered.  I do NOT even see the subject listed anywhere.  If anyone know the page number of the Navigation system (if I missed it).  I would sure appreciate knowing the page number.

Things I want to be able to do:
1.  Setup Destinations (It does want to let me put in more than one (1) street number.

I sure would like some help with this subject since I am with the VA and they want to send me all over the east coast for treatment.
Thanks

I usually just use my cell phone (not connected to the Toyota navigation system) but recently I've been using the in-car system.  I have a 2021 Highlander and the systems are only similar but not identical.

See Navigation Manual Page 346:

Untitled_108.jpg.c3aab0eca02f003c17310867102ec3e2.jpg

You can also put destinations in the Address Book.  See page 348.  The Address Book can hold more entries than the Preset Destinations list.

Untitled_109.thumb.jpg.ab6bca082cecc272070d3200d9e41cd7.jpg

Turn off?  I assume you mean this turn off guidance to the destination?  Good question.  The map screen in my 2021 has a red "X" button in the lower right hand corner that stops the guidance.  Odd that there's no "stop" function referenced in the 2018 manual.

Untitled_110_b.jpg.e79173fa6a72fc1671260b3cfb401bc9.jpg

You can pull the destinations stored in the Preset Destinations list or from the Address Book.

You go to the Preset Destinations list (or Address Book), choose and delete it there.

I hope this helps a bit.  Good luck with your treatments and be safe.

Where did you get that information??

Since I posted the question, I found out there is a seperate user manual for the Navigation system.  I have just spent several hours reading each and every page. (over 400 pages)  All it did was confuse me.  I would think I had what I wanted only to be disappointed.

I guess my best option is to take the vehicle to a dealer and have them show me how to use the Nav system.

I really do appreciate you help...Thanks very much

If you go to the dealer, I hope they can help you.

I've found that because there are so many ways to operate and use the features, the manuals are really confusing.

As far as the manuals go, there are two manuals; 1) Owner's Manual, and 2) Navigation and Multimedia Manual.

If you want to try this before going to the dealer for help, you can find the manuals online.  I find it's easier to do this on a PC.  Click the link then follow the screenshots to find the Navigation and Multimedia Manual.

https://www.toyota.com/

Untitled_115.thumb.jpg.e07cf7215c2adebe1f6352fa2ed83eaa.jpg

Untitled_116.jpg.5de6c3c33608ace9384d32ddb72a055e.jpg

Untitled_117.jpg.dd4db2463b7c031657f37531ae9c8e09.jpg

Untitled_118.jpg.a426cc9f333b86156a9879509af28941.jpg

Untitled_119.thumb.jpg.2e8bf9205e89abcff584e66a660d8c99.jpg

Predawn Grey that may have been some help if I knew where to watch it.

Paulo my wife has a cell phone, but does NOT want to connect it other than just as a phone.  We used to use it to navigated in our older car.  LOL she is getting old to.

Personally I hate cell phones.