Purchasing a 2006 Corolla CE

IF0000_

Hi,

I have a chance to purchase a 2007 Corolla CE, with only about 66000 km, from a private seller; The car was only used for short distance driving for shopping, running errands, etc.. The original owner is selling the car, and it was in no accidents. (Verified the VIN). The price is Cdn $8000 /negotiable. The 2007 Corolla was considered a good model.

I had a brief look at the car, and everything seemed fine. A quick drive was fine.

It is hard to find comparables for the car, as none of the 2007 (Or thereabouts) Corollas in my area have only about 66000 km.

I intend to have the car checked at a mechanic (Which is needed for the safety inspection anyways).

My questions are as follows:

(i) Would it be reasonable for a 17 year old, well-maintained car, to have 5 or 6 more years of
relatively low-maintenance driving ahead of it, or is the car, even if well-maintained, likely to
need major repairs soon?

(ii) What would be a reasonable price for a 17 year old Corolla with only about 66000km, and
in good shape?