2024 GRAND HIGHLANDER (DRVM) - "DIGITAL REAR VIEW MIRROR"

Warthog

Just saying hello to the community with a question if you don’t mind? Two weeks ago, I ordered the 2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid AWD Limited in Wind Chill Pearl/Black Interior w/Tow package. According to the dealer, it hasn’t been built yet. Should accept delivery around the middle of September. Has everything we wanted except the “Digital Rear View Mirror.”

This isn’t an option in Toyota’s web site and the Toyota salesman advised it can’t be ordered from the manufacturer in the Limited package. I’m hoping the community can confirm this or offer any suggestions on how to have it included, purchased or installed. I’m aware the DRVM utilizes its own camera and willing to pay the additional cost for the feature if it’s possible. Any help, information and suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Dan

I just took delivery of a GH Platinum.  Not the hybrid model (wish I could've found one in the color scheme I wanted!).  But I do have the DRVM.  I can't answer your question specifically but I can tell you that I will rarely, if ever, use it.  Reason is that when I switch to the DRVM from the standard mirror, it plays with my eyes.  Hard for my eyes to adjust to it and focus for some reason.  Don't get me wrong, the DRVM works very well.  It's just that because the mirror is only 18-24" from my eyes, it's difficult for me to focus on it after looking at the road during a drive.  I have to look at the mirror for a few seconds longer than normal to actually see what's in the view vs. a standard mirror where it's an instantaneous view.  And I don't like taking my eyes off the road for that long.  Could be different for you but for me, I don't think I would order one if my model didn't come with it installed already.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

First time potential Toyota Buyer and the options and trim levels are beyond frustrating, haha

We have the DRVM on our 2020 Traverse, which would trade in. I think it's one of the can't miss features of the vehicle. We have 3 small kids, so it's hard to see out the rear view mirror with all the kids, car seats, etc. Glad I found this point, might steer me to the MaxHybird instead. 25 mpg vs the 17 we get in the Traverse is still a win.

@Warthog Can you confirm, do the cup holders between your captains chair pop right out? Local dealer only has an XLE and that is bolted. Everyone thinks the Limited and Platinum pop out, but would nice to hear from an actual owner.

• 2 weeks later...