New Owner: Interior & Exterior Protection?

SS44

New owner of '22 V6 FWD Highlander LE. Seeking advice on protecting the interior from wear & tear. We will be hauling a mid sized dog. Sometimes a wet dog, along with muddy feet/boots, etc. I've previously purchased WeatherTech liners for other vehicles. I've seen the site for Husky liners, but I have not seen them in person. Suspect the 3rd row seats will remain folded 90+% of the time. Cargo area is more important. Also interested in seat covers for the first 2 rows.

I live in an area with 70 to 100 degree temperature extremes & high sun exposure. Is ceramic coating worth looking in to? Other exterior protection I should learn about? Climate is typically dry, but some snow & ice. Fortunately no salt on the roads, but sometimes cinders are spread. I typically keep my primary vehicles for 10 to 20+ years.

How about lube, oil & filters? The dealer told me change oil every 5K miles. I think I'd like to change the break-in oil sooner than that. I followed a 2.5 to 3K oil change routine in previous vehicles with conventional oil. Have not used synthetic oil before.

What else does a new Highlander owner need to know?

One thing I've found useful for traveling with a large dog (75-pound Golden) is a car hammock. It protects the back seat (bench seat) while providing the dog with more security than sitting on a seat. It also keeps shedding fur contained rather than getting into the seat fabric. Cost is usually between $25 and $35. Just search for "Dog Hammock for car" on the internet (I purchased mine from Amazon). It also came with a safety strap which attaches to the dog's harness.

• Thanks 1